Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Super Crawler!

Ellie is almost 9 months now! She crawls like a maniac! She is actually pulling herself to a standing position, if she has something stable to grab on too. She will take off crawling, then quickly go into a sitting position, and then take off again. With this new advancement, she wants to get into everything!

She is also a human vacuum cleaner! She finds the tiniest things on the floor. I was letting her crawl on the floor in the back during our Sunday school class and with-in 6 ft, I had collected about 8 items in my hand, fuzz, a small confetti paper, 1/4Th of a cheerio, something sticky, more confetti paper, half of a gummy bear... I think our church needs to vacuum better :)

I have also realized, that I am a little scared to have her play next to other kids her age. She was next to my friends baby, and he is 2 months older then her, and also bigger then her too! I'm sure he was curious, he reached over and started grabbing her hair, and then starting hitting her on the side of her head. Of course I picked her up right away, I don't know about other people, but naturally I wanted to protect her! I didn't want her to get hurt. I realized that that was an awkward situation for me. What are you suppose to do? She was fine though, she was like "what ARE you doing?" and it was probably an early form of; when a young boy likes a girl, and pulls her hair. :)

1 comment: